BitRuble is a national Russian cryptocurrency that is supposed to be issued and circulated under the control of the Central Bank of Russia. As all cryptocurrencies that are outside the control of the government are banned, BitRuble would be a competitor to Bitcoin and other virtual currencies. The first large investment that was made in BitRuble was by Qiwi, a Russian payment service provider, in order to develop the first cryptocurrency designed for the Russian market. BitRuble is supposed to be similar to Bitcoin, but — unlike any other digital currency — BitRuble's price and other properties will be regulated by the Central Bank of Russia. The launch of a national Russian crypto coin was planned in 2016. However, it is still unavailable for those who want BitRuble to buy it.
- Vorsitzender der US-Börsenaufsicht bezeichnet ICOs als „sinnvoll“
- Australien: NTI beteiligt sich an Blockchain-Test für Lebensmittelsicherheit
- Zweitgrößte Bank Südkoreas: Menschliche Fehler durch Blockchain-Buchhaltung reduzieren
- Israel: Bitmain schließt Blockchain-Förderzentrum wegen schlechter Marktlage
- Indien: Regierungsausschuss schlägt Krypto-Verbot vor